- 1 tablespoon Cowboy Steak Rub
- 500 grams boneless chicken, cut to bite size pieces
- 6 chorizo sausages, cut to bite size pieces
- 2 capsicum, sliced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1.5 cups long grain rice
- Handful chopped parsley
Substitute the chicken for chickpeas and red kidney beans. Add one can each of pre-cooked beans and chickpeas to the mix at the same time as you add the rice.
- Place all ingredients except for rice and parsley into in a slow cooker. Stir gently to combine, cover with lid and cook for 4 hours on high or 7 hours on low.
- Stir in rice and cook for an additional 1 hour on high until rice is cooked.
- Fluff up with a fork and season to taste. Serve up in bowls and scatter over with a handful of parsley.