- 500 grams pork scotch or rump, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon Raptor Rubs 5 Spice BBQ Pork seasoning
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 red onion, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ green capsicum, deseeded and cut into bite size pieces
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and cut into bite size pieces
- ⅓ cup tomato ketchup
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 230g can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 teaspoon cornflour dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
To serve: steamed rice and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Substitute pork for firm tofu chunks pan fried in with 5 Spice Rub
In a bowl, mix together the pork, Raptor Rubs 5 Spice BBQ Pork seasoning and 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce. Sit for 15 minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large pan or wok. Add the pork, ginger and onion and fry for 5-10 minutes until pork is cooked through.
Stir in the capsicum, 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, ketchup, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soft brown sugar and pineapple chunks along with the pineapple juice. Bring everything to the boil and add the cornflour and water mix. Cook for a few mins until sauce is thickened and everything is well combined.
Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and serve with rice.