- A full lamb rack (approx 800grams)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Raptor Naturals Lamb and Vegetable seasoning
- Take the lamb out of fridge and leave at room temp for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Heat oven to 160°C.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the lamb rack and season generously all over with Raptor Lamb & Vegetable Rub.
- Heat 2 TBS olive oil in a large heavy oven proof skillet/ cast iron pan over high heat. Sear rack of lamb for 1 to 2 minutes on all sides. Set aside for a few minutes. Cover the ends of the bones with foil to prevent charring.
- Arrange the rack bone side down in the skillet. Roast the lamb in preheated oven for 12 to 18 minutes, depending on the degree of doneness you want. With a meat thermometer, take a reading in the centre of the meat after 10 to 12 minutes and remove the meat, or let it cook longer, to your taste. Let it rest for 5 to 7 minutes, loosely covered, before carving between the ribs.
* Cooking tip: Allow internal temperature to be 5 to 10 degrees less than you like because the meat will continue to cook while it sits.
Serve with skin-on roasted potatoes and steamed green beans. The Lamb & Vege Rub is also delicious sprinkled on your roast potatoes before you put them in the oven.