- Raptor Naturals 5 Spice BBQ Pork Rub
- 2 Tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1kg pork spare ribs
- ¼ c Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
Optional: 1 Tbsp sriracha (If you like some heat)
Garnish: Toasted sesame seeds and sliced spring onion.
Oven method below, or for BBQ can cook in an off-set smoker or hooded barbecue.
- To make the dry rub, combine 1 Tbsp 5 Spice BBQ Pork Rub, soft brown sugar and salt in a bowl. Reserve.
2. Using a paper towel for better grip, carefully remove the membrane from the back of the ribs and discard.
3. Line a baking tray with plenty of foil. Place ribs in the centre of the tray. Cover both sides of the ribs with the dry rub. Wrap the foil tightly around the ribs and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
4. Remove the ribs from the refrigerator. Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
5. Once oven is hot, bake the foil-wrapped ribs for 1 hour 30 minutes at 160°C.
6. While the ribs are cooking, make the sauce: In a bowl, combine the Hoisin sauce, 1 tsp 5 Spice BBQ Pork, sweet chilli sauce, light soy sauce, honey and sriracha. Stir until combined.
7. Remove the baking tray from the oven. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C. Carefully open the foil and fold out flat so the foil now lines the baking tray with the ribs are in the centre. Generously baste both sides of the ribs with half of the sauce. Reserve the other half of the sauce for dipping when serving. Return the oven tray back into the oven and bake uncovered for a further 20 minutes at 200°C until sauce is just starting to darken.
8. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving. Cut into sets of 3 or 4 ribs or cut into individual ribs. Garnish with spring onion, sesame seeds and serve with dipping sauce.