- 250g beef mince
- 250g pork mince 1 egg
- 2 slices white bread, cubed
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Raptor Naturals Cowboy Steak Rub
- Olive oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup Raptor Naturals Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup grated Colby cheese
Garnish: chopped parsley
Serve with: chopped parsley, grilled or warmed bread and a leafy salad
How to cook: Can be cooked in a cast iron or heatproof skillet on your BBQ, or on your cooktop and finished in oven.
1. Crack the egg into a mixing bowl and beat well. Add bread cubes, milk and Cowboy Steak Rub. Mix until well combined. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to soak.
2. In the meantime, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and sautee for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring until fragrant.
3. Transfer onion and garlic mix to the bowl.
4. Add beef mince and pork mince to the bowl and gently mix until combined.
5. Scoop a heaped tablespoon of mince into wet hands, and form the mixture into 3 to 4cm size balls. Set the formed meatballs on a plate. You should have 18 to 20 meatballs.
6. In the same frying pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add meatballs and fry for 5 minutes, turning to brown evenly.
7. Push the meatballs into the middle of the skillet. Add the diced tomatoes and Spicy Tomato Sauce. Bring to a simmer and cover with lid. Simmer on low heat for 12 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
8. Remove lid and sprinkle over with grated cheese. Cover with lid and cook for 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted.
9. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with grilled or warmed bread and a leafy salad.