- 3 courgettes, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup flour, sifted (GF:use gluten free all purpose flour)
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Raptor Naturals Bombay Bonanza
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Place the grated courgette in a colander over a bowl or sink and sprinkle with salt. Stand for 10 minutes and then squeeze out as much liquid from the courgette as possible. Reserve.
- Break the egg into a bowl and beat well. Transfer the grated courgette to the bowl along with the cheese, flour, Bombay Bonanza, red onion, garlic and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium heat and add oil. Once oil is hot, add 2 heaped tablespoons of the mixture to the pan, gently press into a fritter shape, repeat until the pan is full. You may need to fry in two batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Fry fritters for 3 minutes per side until golden and transfer cooked fritters to a serving platter.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream or chutney