- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 500g beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Blazing Tex-Mex seasoning
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 300g packet corn chips
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Sour cream
- Chopped coriander
Substitute beef mince for plant-based soy mince or crumbled tempeh sauteed with our Blazing Tex-Mex Rub
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add mince and garlic, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add Blazing Tex-Mex Rub, kidney beans, canned tomato and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place corn chips on an oven safe dish, top with cooked mince mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 200°C for 5-10 minutes cheese is cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream and chopped coriander.