- 500 grams beef mince (or lamb mince)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Greek Goodness seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 100g feta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed and cut in half
- 1/2 cup tzatziki
- Optional: Handful of fresh mint, chopped
Vegan Option Substitute beef mince with sliced portobello mushrooms sauteed in butter and Greek Goodness Rub
- Heat a large frying pan. Once hot, add oil. Then add mince, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. After a few minutes, add garlic and Raptor Rubs Greek Goodness seasoning and salt. Cook until mince is thoroughly cooked and there is no trace of pink.
- While mince is cooking, mix together the vegetables, feta and olives, stir through olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a dry frying pan on the stovetop and warm the pita.
- Open up each pita pocket and stuff with with salad and mince. Top with tzatziki and chopped mint.