Makes 1 kg
- 3 tbs Lucky Kentucky seasoning
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 kg chicken nibbles/wings
- 1 tbs cooking oil or cooking spray
To serve: Sour cream dip (see recipe below), pickles and crudités.
- Preheat oven to 120°C fan. Place a rack low inside the oven, and a second rack near the top.
- Line a baking tray with foil (for easy clean up), and set a wire rack on top of the tray. Brush the rack with cooking oil, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the Lucky Kentucky Rub, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- If you have full wings, you will need to trim them into drumettes and flats. Cut the wings at the two joints to create drumettes, flats and wing tips. Discard the wing tips. Use paper towels or a clean tea towel and pat the wings firmly until they are totally dry. Use several towels if needed.
- Place wings into the bowl and toss to coat well. Place the seasoned wings on the oiled wire rack in a single layer, making sure the wings do not touch. The wings need to have hot air all around in order to crisp up.
- Slide tray into the oven at the lower rack setting and bake at 120°C for 30 minutes to render out the fat. After 30 minutes, increase oven temperature to 200°C fan. Remove tray from oven and using tongs, turn the wings over and return to the oven to the top rack. Bake an additional 30 minutes at 200°C until the wings are crispy and golden.
- Serve with Smoky Sour Cream Dip*, pickles and crudités. Can be served hot or cold.
* Smoky Sour Cream Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 tsp Raptor Naturals Smoky Salmon seasoning
- 2 tbs gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 tbs red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place ingredients into a bowl and stir until combined.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate until required.