- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons Raptor Naturals 5 Spice BBQ Pork seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup sliced cucumber
- ½ cup kalamata olives (optional)
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g feta, crumbled
- To serve: pita bread, warmed and cut into quarters. (or GF bread)
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, sliced red onion, lemon wedges
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a bowl, add honey, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons 5 Spice BBQ Pork seasoning and 1 teaspoon salt. Whisk until combined. Add chicken and mix to coat the chicken evenly.
3. Line a medium size baking pan with baking paper. Measure out ¼ cup of chickpeas and place in a single layer on the pan. Arrange the chicken thighs in a single layer on the rest of the pan. Roast in a 200°C oven for 15 minutes, flip the chicken pieces and roast for a further 15 minutes until chicken is full cooked. Transfer chicken to chopping board, reserving the pan juices and the roasted chickpeas. Slice the cooked chicken.
4. While chicken is cooking prepare the hummus. Place into a food processor: the rest of the chickpeas, 1 tablespoon 5 Spice BBQ Pork seasoning, tahini, garlic cloves, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and ½ cup of cold water. Process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. To assemble, divide the hummus into 4 shallow bowls. Use the back of a spoon to spread the hummus across bottom of each bowl.
6. In one half of each bowl, arrange warmed pita bread, cucumber slices, kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, and red onion.
7. In the other half of each bowl, add quarter of the sliced chicken and drizzle the chicken with the pan juices.
8. Scatter with roasted chickpeas and crumble over with feta. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with a lemon wedge.